Registration for returning Deepwater students: 6th, 7th, 8th Grade
Thursday, August 4 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Deepwater Junior High – Entrance 1
- ONLINE AND CAMPUS REGISTRATION: Parents have access to the online portion of registration in Skyward at dpisd.orgstarting July 25. Parent/Guardian Skyward usernames and logins were mailed with the 2021-22 report card. Complete all registration steps online. The final step will be to print the “Review Page” (verification sheet). Bring the printout of the Review Page on registration day. Printers will be available in the library if you need to complete the final step.
- FEES FOR ELECTIVE COURSES AND IPAD: Fees for elective courses (band, choir, art, theater, PE, etc.) will be due before the first day of school. Elective fees range from $30-40 per student. In addition, there is a $50 iPad insurance fee for families new to the district, all incoming 6th grade students, and those who did not fully pay the iPad insurance fee in 6th or 7th grade. Any fees (including library fines) from previous years will also be on the statement. There are two options to pay:
- online at https://www.myschoolbucks.com/ (print receipt for proof of payment)
- pay cash on registration day
- pay credit/debit on registration day
- SUPPLIES AND ADDITIONAL PURCHASES: The 2022-23 School Supply List is posted at dpisd.org. A library book bag and DWJH student planner costs $5. This can be purchased on registration day. There will be Spirit t-shirt sales, PSAT registration ($10 for 8th grade only), and birthday announcement marquee sales ($5).
- IMMUNIZATION RECORDS: 7th graders must verify or bring updated immunization records – All 7th graders are required to have a Tdap, Meningococcal and two Varicella vaccines on the first day of school. The nurse will contact parents of students who do have updated records by the first day of school. There will be an immunization clinic on August 4, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the girls’ gym at DWJH.
- FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATION: This application must be submitted annually. To complete the Free and Reduced Application, know your family’s SNAP Eligibility Determination Group (EDG) or know the household income amount of each child or adult in the household. In 2022-2023, breakfast will continue to be provided at no cost, but lunch will not Families MUST apply for the Free and Reduced Lunch program to receive the benefit of free lunch and to receive information regarding other reduced program fees (athletics, testing, etc.)
Families submit one application with names of ALL children that live in a household (students and non-students). The link to apply can be accessed through Skyward or you can go directly to http://deerparkisd.nlappscloud.com. For more information, visit www.dpisd.org > Departments > Child Nutrition.
- RESIDENCY INFORMATION: Residency affidavits are updated annually. If you have previously submitted a residency affidavit or your address has changed recently, please bring updated residency information so that Skyward records can be updated. An affidavit must be updated and notarized. Students will be unable to complete the registration process without an updated and notarized document. Please contact Brenda Salas, Registrar, for more information: [email protected]
- BUS TRANSPORTATION: Students who are eligible for bus service MUST register for bus service at dpisd.org > Departments > Transportation. Please complete the DPISD Student Bus Request Form. Contact the Transportation Department with any questions: 832-668-7480.
- STUDENT HANDBOOKS: District handbooks are located at dpisd.org > Parents > Student Handbooks. Parents will also receive a copy of the DWJH Student Handbook in the registration packet. The campus handbook will be accessible in the Canvas Parent app also.